26.10.15

LETTERS FROM HOBART


Hobart is about a two and a half hour drive from Launceston so the early wake up call was a given to be at the Cadbury factory by the time it opened. This was supposed to leave us enough time to explore Hobart a little bit off the list of things to do. The docks at Hobart remind me of the esplanade in Williamstown with the main road lined with restaurants and cafes up and down the street minus the expensive motorbikes and fancy vintage cars. The weather entertained us with its similar temperament to that of Melbourne's as we found ourselves repeating the removal of our jackets and putting them back on when the sun hid behind the clouds. There were a few places that I did want to visit whilst we were there for the day but as expected, places only open until 5pm and places like the Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary, Port Arhtur and the Salamanca Market had either admission prices, were too far of a travel that took up time or we weren't there on the right day to have visited, but that's alright. We had a gander at the Tasmanian Museum and mind you, Tasmania seems to have plenty of museums and galleries to visit and admire. We also walked along some town centre to find bathers for the pool facility at the resort and shortly after, we followed the path back and made a pit stop to buy fresh seafood which my parents wanted to bring to our chalet and cook in celebration of their 26th wedding anniversary. The rest of the day was spent sight seeing on another two and a half drive back to Launceston where I took a nap and continued to read. 

I regretfully edited my photos on my iPad as I wanted to travel as light as I could so the photos are heavily compressed and I'm also plainly disappointed at the lack of photos I took today. But there's always tomorrow and I'm excited at what's on our itinerary so there should be some opportunities that will come up.



No comments: